As a company working with organisations and their people over the past fifteen years, our team of expert consultants can offer a range of bespoke programs that deliver results.
Contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career management requirements
Target and accelerate individual development through one on one coaching.
Individual coaching is one of the most effective methods of professional development for people at any level of an organisation. Career Management Group specialises in matching clients with an experienced, accredited coach based on development focus, location and vocational situation. The focus for each program is unique and can include;
- Coaching through a career crisis
- On-boarding and role orientation
- Developing “technical” managers to “people” managers
- Managing with Emotional Intelligence
- Development of management competencies
- Stepping up as a leader
- Entrepreneur coaching
- Leadership and team development
- Public presentation skills
We draw from a wide range of psychometric assessments including:
OPQ, MBTI, 360, Personal Directions, LAB profiling, to name a few
Individuals who have identified the need to bring about a significant change in their own career can work with one of our experienced Career Strategists to develop and implement an effective, reality checked career transition plan. The process and content for his will vary according to the individual and could include:
Contact us for a complimentary Career Management discussion.
Career Management Group works with organisations to assist in the planning of restructures with both the business needs and the people in mind. Considering the effects of the workforce, both remaining and exiting, is critical for a smooth, humane, effectively managed restructure.
- Strategic advice on best practice
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Employee communications strategies
- How to prepare your staff for major change
- Training for managers on leading cultural change
- Training for managers on dealing with individuals in positions made redundant
- Pre-planning support for separations
- Notification day support for management and individuals facing change
- Training for employees on how to survive cultural change
- Job Decision Job Ready seminars – to prepare staff for voluntary redundancy programs
- Career Empowerment programs to prepare the organisation for change, or settle and refocus staff after the events
Career transition is part of life for most people in the workforce today, whether it is by choice, or through organisational restructure. Our experienced consultants work with individuals to make this journey a rewarding and valuable experience of life-long learning with great outcomes. Our commitment includes:
- Tailored personal programs that recognise individual differences
- Individual programs are assigned a personal career strategist
- Full breadth of staff roles and levels can be provided for
- Program scale according to your requirements
- Job search workshops (1-3 days) as an option for client organisations
All programs are supported by our own comprehensive manuals, workbooks, online tools, diagnostic materials and a host of tried, tested and successful job search techniques. Typically, topics included:
Networking to uncover the hidden job market
Added to the above is a selection from our vast menu that best suits the program.
Years of experience advising people in career transition, career decision and career strategy programs have highlighted the place for a program that engages individuals in the proactive management of their own careers and drives better performance. It is run on site, in workshop format and is geared toward the strategic goals of the client organisation.
Organisations use this program for varied reasons including:
“Why wasn’t I taught this years ago?”
- Team building workshops
- Self awareness programs
- Strategic planning retreats
- Business planning and KPI development
- Powerful communications strategies including how to run effective meetings and written communications
- Trouble shooting team dysfunction
- Strategic performance management
Career Management Group consultants are accredited in a wide range of tools and assessments. We are able to select the most appropriate, targeted, diagnostic or support tool to facilitate faster and deeper insights and transformation.
Planning for retirement is a critical step in making that very personal transition a positive and successful one.
In our experience, most employees approaching this stage of life have not prepared themselves mentally for the adjustment and may even resist taking the step for fear of the unknown. Our aim is to make this process a joyful and exciting time, opening up the possibilities for an active retirement, grounded in the reality of individual circumstances.
For some this may include the desire to keep a degree of activity in the workplace or as a volunteer. Some individuals wish to develop a portfolio of work to bridge between full time employment and actual retirement. This will require specific career related documentation to be developed.
Our program will be specifically tailored for each individual. Some elements that could be included are:
Dedicated consultant to work with you
Inclusion of your partner in program
Developing a pro bono or volunteering plan
Exploring retirement activities
Strategies for leaving employment
Laying foundations for portfolio work
Development of documentation such as resume, bio or consulting offer
Communication and Networking plans